Thursday, May 29, 2014

Back in Black (and Khaki): A Dress Refashion

Aaaaaaaand we're back, folks (at least until things get too crazy again).   Getting through the end of school and some mad paperwork, I just couldn't muster any enthusiasm or energy to get anything done (beyond whatever was absolutely necessary), but now it's almost over and I am ready to move forward!  I found this dress at the shop for a few bucks and man, is that an unattractive fit or what?  
In mirror cat photo bomb
You can't really tell in this picture, but this dress has a nice detail that gets lost in so much fabric.  Time to remove some!
I used my trusty assistant and cut around the cool stitching very closely before doing a bit of altering in the form of new arm holes and some taking in from the back.  The length was actually pretty decent after all the other changes (do your length last! some altering changes it slightly), so I left it as is.

Losing some extra visual weight here
 Here is the finished product.  I added a thrifted belt to define the black to khaki portion a bit more, paired it with some cheapo flats, and took myself (and the hubby) to see The Amazing Spiderman 2.
Light enough for a Florida summer now!
Here's to many more refashions this summer (I went to my favorite shop today and oh man, have I got some in store)!

Side view! Sorry for the slouching

2 comments: