Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Beware the Flying Purple People Eater!: A Simple Dress Refashion

I got this dress at the shop for a song.  It reminds me of something an 80's-era kindergarten teacher would wear.  I actually really liked all the pleating on the front, but this thing was just too big and frumpy.  It also has those kind of lame two strips that you tie in the back (why not just make it fit in the first place?).  
Swallowing me up!
 Removed the sleeves (hello Florida summer), created a v-neck in the front, took it in on the sides, shortened it, and here is what I ended up with!  I took those strips and tied them in the front instead to give a more defined waist.
Light and summery!

 I took this little dress and my hubbie and we enjoyed a PaintNite experience together.  It was a good time (especially since he admits to very few artistic experiences beyond childhood drawing).

Beer, Thai Food, and paint makes for a great time!
Here are our creations.
 

We also enjoyed the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens on their free Tuesday evening.
Just chillin' with my gargoyle cause that's what we do
An easy refashion just in time for the summer heat!  Cheers!

1 comment: