Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I've been framed! Or at least my jewelry has

So I have had this little beauty hanging on the back of my closet door for quite awhile.  Lovely, isn't it?

Well, I made it out of some scrap fabric and foam sheets of all things. I then took some strips of screen (the same kind for screened enclosures) and attached it to the back.  This functioned perfectly well for a couple years at least and never really failed me.  I just wanted something a little more refined and less wonkified. Hence...

I found the glassless frame at Garden Ridge with measurements in hand and hopes of finding something somewhat ornate that would be highlighted with the spray paint.  Brought it home, gave it a few light, even sprays with ye olde Rustoleum spray paint in a light fun color, found a bigger section of screening (at Home Depot), used my reliable staple gun and voila!  I attached a sawtooth hanger to the back and happiness ensued.  The frame depth provides enough space for my hanging earring backs, and I can clearly see what earrings I have and where to put back what I have worn.  I figure anything that makes you smile while getting ready in the morning is a good thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment