Monday, March 26, 2012

Time to jute up!

So, I discovered the wonders of jute over the weekend.  I went to a local flea market and found this cute little pitcher for a buck but the handle had a crack in it.  Jute to the rescue!

I also refinished this stool for my classroom.  It used to be green with various worn out spots showing the wood and a plain caned (shudder...I don't know what it is, but I do not like the looking of caning) seat.  A little spray paint, 1/2 inch foam, and my new favorite material (so graphic and lovely) and voila!  But it needed something else...jute!

 A little jute around the back...I simply used tacky glue to glue the end to an inconspicuous spot and very tightly wound the jute around ending with another spot of glue.  I think the jute gives a nice natural accent to all that white and blue sophistication (if that is possible with a stool).



I also found a chair I am probably going to attempt to reupholster (first-timer...eek!) and a tray to revamp for our new sunroom, which in its unfinished state is a big painting studio.  I'm also trying to find some glass candlesticks (cheap!) to make some faux apothecary jars (to go with the $5 one I scored at a flea market).  More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment