Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ever see The Big Lebowski? I think this shirt was in the background somewhere...

Okay, it isn't actually a bowling shirt, but my husband thought the original looked like one.  I got this for about 70 cents at a Goodwill Pound Store; yes, seven-tenths of a dollar!  I really liked the pattern and the button color even though the fit was huge and the fake pocket flaps were kind of dumb.

I turned the shirt around so the former back was the new front.  I also removed the collar and pocket flaps with my seam ripper.


 I folded the button up side to create a v-shaped back and added some straps across the back when it wouldn't lay quite right.

 I repurposed three buttons for the new front to add some visual interest.
 Took it in at the sides, fixed up the neck hem, and suddenly I got this like-new and kind of retro looking top!  New favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment