Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cowl Like a Wolf: A Sweater to Skirt Refashion

I found this cowl-tastic sweater at the shop for a few bucks.
Yikes!
 I liked the cable-knit texture and color of this sweater, but the fit up top was horrendous!  The neck was pretty out of control, too.
Peek-a-boo!
Time to gift this sweater with a new life for the holiday season!
I cut the sweater off right under the arms for the skirt and sewed a tube around the top for a quick elastic waist.

Plain and simple...maybe too plain
 The look was a little too tame for me, so I took the sleeves and made a couple tubes out of them, connecting them on each side and interlocking them in the middle of the skirt for a fun detail.  Paired with some opaque black tights, black boots, and a festive H&M top, and I am ready for some holiday fun!
Merrrrrrry Christmas!  

No comments:

Post a Comment