Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Super Bowl Dress: Linebacker to Chic

Sorry for the hiatus!  My craft room spent some time looking like this...
De-carpeted
...which is not conducive to much in the way of crafting.  It was a necessary evil to get to this.
New laminate floors!
Admittedly, this room still needs work, but it's close enough for me to sew a couple quick stitches and get a post together.  Here we go.

I found this dress at a Goodwill for a few dollars.  
You can see the old carpet in the mirror!  
Something about the stripe and the huge shoulder pads made me think I looked like a football player.  

I obviously don't know what football players generally look like
My first two steps (my favorite!) were to remove the monstrous pads o'shoulder and those sleeves.  

Sleeve 22! Sleeve 22! Hut hut!
 I threw the dress on my form (dress form mimicking my form) and took it in a bit on the sides.  Finished the sleeve holes (didn't even need to hem this one) and voila!
I like the almost cap sleeve
 Now it's a simple blue shift dress with a fun stripe detail, not an over-sized football uniform.  I paired this with a cardigan (it is winter, don't ya know?) and some $5 thrifted heels for school.

My shoes compliment the new floor!
Have a wonderful week and go team of choice in the Super Bowl on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment