Monday, May 21, 2012

Is it a bib? Is it an apron? It's a bapron!

So a friend of mine had a baby a little while ago, and I was searching for a suitably homemade gift to give the happy parents.  I came across this little gem on Pinterest.
The tutorial is pretty thorough and can be found here. I took a couple of pictures along the way.  I bought the bias tape at Joann, but honestly, after looking at the tutorials on how to make it, I will probably do it myself from now on.  It's mostly just folding something in half and ironing.  I mean, seriously.  Here are the two pieces to baste together.


I used some leftover indoor/outdoor fabric from previous projects thinking it might make cleaning the bapron easier in the future.  Here it is with the bias tape on it.  

I wanted to add something cute and personal to the front, so I used my Silhouette Cameo (love that thing!) and cut a fish with bubbles out of some cute material.  I used Fray Check on the edges and just fabric glued it on.  I then used my Silhouette to cut a stencil out of vinyl and used fabric paint to make the "little fisch" print on the front.  

My friend's surname is Fischetti, so "little fisch" is not just a typo.  Here it is all finished!  I hope they will get good use out of it in the future!  


   I am in love with this thing.  It's just so darn cute!  I keep threatening that I am going to make adult-sized ones for the sloppier eaters in my family.  It's definitely my newest favorite baby present!  


No comments:

Post a Comment