Monday, July 8, 2013

And the winner is..the Muu-MuuTastic Dress!

Here is the before...
Muu-Muu!
Plus sides to this piece...1) cool color and pattern, 2) neato neckline, and 3) pockets!!  I removed the sleeves, turned the dress around, shortened it by about 2 inches, took in the sides (reattaching the pockets), cut a slit (cause I accidentally cut a hole at the bottom), finished all the edges and got this...

Industrial chic background!
I belted it with the ribbon from another dress (to be shared later) and added some green earrings and bangle. 
With the hubby
with the beautiful couple
It was a lovely reception, and I was glad to take the challenge of making something for it!  My dress isn't nearly as pretty as the bride's though, wow!  I hope that everyone that reads this will send a happy thought their way!  


2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! I need to show you my finished J. Crew jacket when you come back to the ATL next week.

    ReplyDelete