Monday, July 22, 2013

Free to Sweet!

There is nothing better than getting in the car on a Monday morning to go to work and seeing furniture that people in my neighborhood have dumped unceremoniously on the street.  My mother says that they have "functional fixedness" and can't see the potential of something beyond its original purpose or state.  Apparently, I do not have such a condition.

My first (re)creation was a metal stool with dingy fabric, a couple of holes in the metal, and a missing leg screw.

A little screw-finding, spray painting, jute-covering, and reupholstering, and I have this!

Then I found a little magazine table.  It was missing two spindles and had a hole in the top from where a lamp had been.  I filled the hole with wood putty, replaced the spindles, did a cute dandelion stencil, and spray painted the whole thing with Rustoleum Glossy Enamel White paint.  Et voila!

Here's a closer up of the top.

I've got more to share, but they will have to wait until next time.  Got some photos to take!  Silly neighbors...

No comments:

Post a Comment