Thursday, November 14, 2013

Leftover Thursday: A Remnant to Shrug Refashion

Remember this guy from several weeks ago?
Don't look too long at it; it will give you a headache.
You know, that ill-fitting dress that got chopped and turned into this skirt?
Happy with a side of green lawn!
Well, this is the remnant from the top that I had left.  It was too intact to just throw away, and I always love a no-waste refashion, so a shrug this will be!
Looking woebegone on the ironing board 

Of course, I wasn't feeling the long sleeves (and they were too loose and long anyway), so I chopped them off to about elbow length.
A happy amputation!  
I was, however, a fan of the little cuff at the end of the sleeves, so I carefully removed them with my handy li'l seam ripper.  To reattach, I put the cuff inside the sleeve and pinned so when turned right side out, the cuff would remain!
Find your cuff a home 1-800-SLEEVES
I also needed to take the piece in a bit, so I threw it on my trusty silent companion to pin and then sew up.  


You can sew right over a dart!  Come on over to the dart side.  Bwahahaha...
A finishing of the bottom edge and this is the result.
Natural light at 7AM; be still my heart.
Oh, I almost forgot!  I wasn't liking the collar, so I folded it under to create a smooth neck.  Paired with a white, collared Express top and black pants, and I am off to work for the day!  Have a wonderful Leftover Thursday!

1 comment: