Thursday, November 7, 2013

On the Wild Side: An Out There Shirt Refashion

I found this frumpy bit of loveliness in a thrift store in Indiana.
Yes, I am in a garage.  Don't judge.
 I wasn't a fan of the fit, but loved the black and white retro polka-dot and flower pattern.  I was feeling a bit adventuresome, so I decided to do something a little different with this one.

Of course I removed the sleeves first, and I also turned the collar into a more flattering v-neck. Here is where I might have gone off the deep end for ya.  I decided to replace some of the back with lace.  First go around, I made two lace panels on the back, but I ended up looking like a deranged bug with black lace wings.  No bueno.
Take 1: Epic failure.
 I had seen this shirt DIY from Pearls and Scissors (a really good quality refashioning site) and thought I could reconfigure my failure into a success!  A little finagling later and this is what I ended up with.


Front sleeveless view, with an attentive dog
I trimmed away some more fabric from the sad little wings and created a heart instead.
Sorry again about the back view- necessary evil!
If nothing else, I've got a bit of air conditioning for hot Florida days!  Cheers!

Front view again, with an apparently bored dog




No comments:

Post a Comment