Monday, April 9, 2012

Thrift Store Coup

Okay, "coup" may be a little strong, but I am very excited.  I stopped into one of my favorite thrift stores, My Thrift Store on Blanding Blvd, and lo and behold, a garden stool!  I have been drooling over these for months now but haven't seen many for under $100. Actually, when I searched them, I found this exact copy of mine that retails for over $250!

Picture from Target.com

If you aren't yet hip to the wonders of the garden stool, they have been a fixture in Chinese gardens for over 1000 years.  These little guys are also versatile inside as seen in these pictures.


All above via Pinterest

So when I found one for $5 (cue happy dance), I couldn't resist.
Sorry I forgot to take a before picture.  Seriously, the thing was so ugly, red and white shapes with black sparkly paint thrown on top.  Three thin and even coats of Rustoleum Sun Yellow Gloss spray paint later, and I have this happy stool as a side table and extra seating in my glassroom! Don't tell my husband, but I am in love!




What about you? Any thrift store finds that made you shimmy like a fool in public? Or just grin maniacally?

No comments:

Post a Comment