Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tray tables up please!

So I found this tray while thrifting for $2.  It looked a little sad, but I needed a tray for my new ottoman so I took the little guy home with me.

I was almost paralyzed with all the possibilities.  White? Pop of color? Modge Podge paper inside? Wallpaper? Finally, I decided on this...

I spray painted the whole thing white (a coat of spray primer first to make sure it stuck).  Then I affixed 3" and 1" inch round craft mirrors (from Joann) using tacky glue.  Then I mixed up a batch of acrylic (Glaze Coat High Gloss Finish from Lowes), poured it and let it set.  So now I have a fun mirrored tray that is perfectly smooth, and I don't have to worry about drinks or anything affecting the wood tray.


Anybody else have fun with trays?  It might be a new addiction for me.  So many options!

No comments:

Post a Comment