Monday, August 19, 2013

Dye Hard: A Bejeweled Ill-fitting Dress Refashion

I got this overly large and blingy white dress at the shop for a couple buckaroos.  White is not my color, and I generally try to avoid bedazzling my chest in any way.
Blindingly white
Here's a closeup of the jewel action.  I started by removing those (sure to be used someday later).  You can also see here the cool detail on the fabric, which is totally lost in the sea of whiteness.
Flashy chestal region!
What else did this dress have in store?

I decided it was time to break out the dye again.  I threw it in my machine (hot and long) with some salt and Rit Denim Blue dye.  You can see a bit of the awesome color I got out of it below.  This dress didn't need much tailoring, just a bit taken up in the shoulders...
Done in dark thread for your viewing pleasure
...and a bit in from the sides.  Just to get it nice and fitted, ya know.
Did I seriously write "hot and long" above?  Yikes!
I paired it with a blue belt with a coincidentally similar-shaped buckle and my homemade gold tassel necklace.  The shoes are also a thrift find for $5.
Feeling blue and happy about it!
This will be a nice addition to my working wardrobe, and all for less than $10!

No comments:

Post a Comment