Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Hunt is Coming for You: A Patterned Shirt Refashion

I found this shirt at a Goodwill and fell in love with the pattern.
Hello floppy hands
 Here is a close-up of the fabric.   It is a fun hunting-themed shirt with foxes, pheasant, and dogs.  We are big fans of cute furry things in our house (our three cats and foxy looking dog are proof of that), so this was a total winner with the hubs.

Run away!
What to do with this?



This was generally ill-fitting and frumpy-ish, so I started by shortening the sleeves.

Sleeves be short! 
I wasn't really liking the look, so I decided to chop them off instead.  It's also hot here in Florida, so sleeves just won't cut it (pun intended).   I also removed the lone pocket for a smooth front.

Sleeves be gone!
 I paired it with some skinny jeans and a thrifted Ralph Lauren belt.  Wore this for some thrift store shopping and got some new/old goodies!   More to come!

Wearing my hunting shirt to go hunting for deals


No comments:

Post a Comment