Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Never Ruffled:Shirt to Skirt Refashion

I got this plus-sized shirt because of the colors and silky material.  Problem? Its size and huge ruffle down the center!
No, I haven't been using self-tanner, weird lighting
After a little experimentation, I was inspired to turn this into a comfy summer skirt!

 First, the ruffle had to go!  Don't worry, I have kept it in my bin of goodies for some later purpose.  Something down the road will beg to be ruffled!  I cut the ruffle out and sewed up the seam.  For the waistband, I just sewed a 1-inch pocket around the top of the skirt and used a safety pin to thread some elastic all the way through.
Ruffled be gone!
 Sewed up all the ends, gave it a quick press, and here is what I got!  The material is super silky and comfortable, and this outfit just screamed to be shown off somewhere!
Paired with a black top and raring to go!
 So in the spirit of brightly-colored refashions, my husband took me to see Red 2.  I love me some Helen Mirren.  It was action-packed fun with "wizened" characters.  Here's to a Red 3.
Totally not awkward posing in front of a movie theater

No comments:

Post a Comment