Monday, October 28, 2013

Green with Envy: A Cardigan Refashion

I found a whole slew of cardigans at Goodwill with my mommikins one day.  I like the green of this sweater, but it's a bit boring.  
Snooze City
 Time to do something to liven this up!

First I took a pocket I had removed from another shirt (remember this guy from last week?) of about the size and shape I wanted and traced it on some faux suede I got from Joann's.
Tailor's chalk to the rescue!
 I wanted a nice finished look, so I decided to iron the heck out of the sides so they would be nice and flat on the finished product.  For curves, you just hack out some little triangles to get the fold to go smoothly.
Cat ear silhouette!
 After fully notching the round ends, I folded everything and ironed it down.

She won't stay flat, Captain!
 I couple thousand pins later, and I am ready to sew this guy.

Pin cushions unite.
Here is the finished product!
Hard to look happy this early in the morning
I paired it with this dress, a matching belt, and a pair of wedges.  Perfect light cardigan for the cooler months (whenever we finally get any of those).
This outfit saw me through a 12-hour workday at school.  Go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment