Wednesday, September 4, 2013

50's Frump Updated: Another Work Dress Refashion

I feel like this could be on an episode of Ozzie and Harriet in which the mother has to be disappointed in her son's behavior.  I'm mostly disappointed in how this dress looks.  It's ill-fitting, too long (wow, awkward length), and the collar is definitely not cute.
"Ricky, I expected more from you"
Here is a close-up of the material.  It reminds me of those mini-Ritz cheddar cheese sandwiches.
Mmm, looks good enough to eat.
Remember these?
What to do next?


After dealing with a weird Ritz craving, I went to work on this dress!  This was a pretty simple one overall.  I removed the sleeves and collar first.  

Add it to the pile o' remnants
Took the hem up a few inches, finished all the rough edges of arm holes and such, and this was good to go!
Cool and comfy for work
I added a belt to give the piece a bit of "blousiness" in the top and break up the blue some.  Paired with some fun wedges and I went off to educate young minds!

*Afterword: My students seemed fascinated with this dress; they kept referring to the circles as cheeseburgers.  I think I prefer my version.  I attribute their connection to the voraciousness of teenagers and fast food marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment