Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Collared and Boring to Sleeveless and Fun!: A Casual Shirt Refashion

I got this little gem for a buck at the shop because of its cuteness factor.  The fit itself wasn't bad, but it was just too much of a very busy pattern.  It is also just not my style, the collar, the ruching, the short sleeve, the odd stringy accoutrements.
Strings or tentacles? I guess we'll never know
Here is a close up of the fabric.  Cute little flowers in a fun green and coral color palette!
Topsy Turvy plants in action! 
I performed this refashion before starting the blog in earnest, so I am woefully bereft of any during pictures.  Essentially I cut the whole top of the shirt off, sleeves, collar, and all.
Light and breezy for J-ville summer!
I used those string things to make straps and crossed them in the back for something a bit more interesting.  Doing this made the back gape a bit, so I just gathered evenly and sewed up the edges.  I love how this shirt fits; it is so light and airy (probably cause it's mostly gone).  Take a shirt you don't like the top of and hack away!  It'll be alright (it's only a shirt after all).  You might create something you love!
Comfy shirt for casual days!

No comments:

Post a Comment