Monday, September 23, 2013

Place the Lace :A Gap Long-Sleeved Top Refashion

I found this on a thrift store go 'round with my best friend from Atlanta.  We had a much better time than this top is having...
Wrinkly with a chance of long sleeves!
Here is a close up of the front of the top...see the curved area on either side of the buttons?
Sad and lonely bib shape
Time to do something with that!

I made a pattern of the area using some paper and a pencil and then pinned it to the lace to create the embellishment I wanted to add.
Bib-arific!
Here are the cut out pieces of lace bib.  I got the lace from JoAnn's Fabrics, and this one has a bit of stretch to it.  I know they don't look totally even (faulty cutting I guess), but they will look all right on the finished product.
Wings of a lingerie angel!
I removed the sleeves of the shirt, finished them up, and attached my lace to either side of the buttons.  Here is the final product!
Light enough for Florida and feminine enough for me!
The lace just adds a bit of detail to a shape that was already there.  I love how such a plain Jane top could become fancified and fun!

Why yes, I do have lace flowers on my front...and?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, marvеlοus blog lаyout! Hοw long have you bееn blogging for?

    уou maκe blogging look eаsy.
    Thhe ovеrall lοοκ of уouг ste is excellent,
    as well aѕ thе content!

    Here iѕ my wеbpagе quicken loans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been blogging for long. Google's Blogger makes it super easy! Thanks so much for the compliment!

      Delete