Monday, September 30, 2013

Beat the Pleats: A Skirt Refashion

I found this two-pieced dress/outfit at the shop for a few bucks.
I look like a strange mushroom that no one should eat
 The only plus side to this is that I can get at least two items out of it.  First thing to tackle was the skirt.  The waist's elastic was stretched out and the length was atrocious.  I cut it off with about an inch allowance to make it fall around knee-length.
Don't worry.  This remnant will find another home soon!
 Trying to create a pocket for new elastic without securing the pleats would prove to be nigh impossible, so I sewed a couple lines across the pleats to keep them in place.
Lines in the picture are not as wonky as they appear. I promise.  
 I created a pocket for the elastic, threaded it through, finished it off, and this skirt was finished!
Dog in action shot
 I paired this with a black top and my old reliable red knot bead necklace.
Apparently I stand with my legs crossed while I teach, or so a student told me.
 The length is just right about the knee, and the pleats fall nicely.  Who doesn't like a bright skirt for a day at work?
This might be my attempt at looking coy, not sure

No comments:

Post a Comment